Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is Your Child's Learning Style?

This year we will begin our first official year of homeschooling! I am very excited...and a bit nervous.  I am trying to do some research now and get a basic outline of what I would like to cover throughout the year.  Throughout my searching I came across this site that had a "test" to determine your child's learning style.  Knowing your childs learning style is a great starting point for new homeschoolers.  After all, what is the point of trying to teach in a way that your child will not grasp?

The Child Learning Style Quiz is a short 15 questions.  I took the test in a matter of minutes.  My dd's results were;

The results of this assessment show that (your child's) learning style is 15% visual, 38% auditory, and 46% kinesthetic.

I think that sounds about right for her! Time to look into some hands-on activities togo with our lessons!

I think this is a great tool and I am glad I tried it out!

But that is just one mom's opinion.

Have you taken the learning style quiz for your child?
Did you feel the result was accurate?
Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment